This is a self study section on Metaphysics where I’m studying from the book: Metaphysics: A Contemporary Introduction by Loux, Crisp
Study has started.
The book starts out trying to explain what is metaphysics. Illustrated is how difficult it is. There’s the older philosophers like Aristotle that viewed it as being qua being, where everything is categorized. More modern philosophers expanded this into more topics like free will.
Book completed May 2 2020
- Chapter 1: The Problem of Universals I: Metaphysical Realism
- Chapter 2: The Problem of Universals II: Nominalism
- Chapter 3: Concrete Particulars I: Substrata, Bundles, and Substances
- Chapter 4: Propositions and Their Neighbors
- Chapter 5: The Necessary and Possible
- Chapter 6: Causation
- Chapter 7: The Nature of Time
- Chapter 8: Concrete Particulars II: Persistence Through Time
- Chapter 9: Concrete Particulars III: Parts and Wholes
- Chapter 10: Metaphysical Indeterminacy
- Chapter 11: The Challenge of Anti-Realism